Technology MATLOC™ Platform
A proprietary point-of-care, lab-on-chip technology and patent pending for CKD assessment
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD):
Kidney Failure Heart Disease Death
American adults (roughly every 1 in 10) are estimated to have CKD. It is the 9th leading cause of death in the U.S.
Diabetes and high blood pressure accounts for roughly 70% of all CKD cases.
In Medicare costs, 2017, for all people with all stages of CKD.
who have CKD don’t know they have it.
Early diagnosis and treatment IS KEY
MATLOCTM Platform Pipeline
MATLOC has the potential to test for multiple biomarkers for effective disease screening and diagnosis at point-of-care.
- For care provider use in and outside the clinic
- Easy use with lab-on-chip insert
- Quantitatively measures urine ACR; Albumin-to-creatinine ratio (ACR)
- Device will be handheld with Bluetooth capabilities
- Quantitative results will transfer to smartphone cloud-based App
All the features of MATLOC 1, PLUS:
- The ability to test for blood based eGFR
- MATLOC 2 could revolutionize CKD care by providing accessible, inexpensive, quantitative and integrated CKD screening, diagnosis, and risk prediction analysis
- There are currently no quantitative hand-held, point-of-care diagnostic devices available for the measurement of both ACR and eGFR.